- Check Rates & Availability
- Push to Talk
The Ocean Golf Course
With fairways that weave between sandy hazards, the Ocean Course rewards wit over power, challenging golfers to play the ball low on 140 acres overlooking the Atlantic.
First laid out in 1896 by Alexander H. Findley, the Ocean Course was redesigned in 2000 by Brian Silva, Golf World's 1999 Architect of the Year. Combining a love of the game with technology, Silva preserved its unique attributes, while perfecting the course for the 21th century golfer. Silva's redesign addressed tee elevation, tee sizes, surface slopes, pin placement areas, the integration of sand and grass-faced bunkers and included a complex installation of new drainage and irrigation.
The Ocean Course features:
- 200 more yards of playing length
- 18 new putting surfaces
- 10,000 square-foot putting green
- 88 new and refurbished bunkers
- Left-to-right and right-to-left holes
- Continuous cart paths
- State-of-the-art turf TifEagle Bermuda grass from tee to green providing the truest roll
- Addition of a sixth lake
- Computerized drainage system lets the course dry out in record time
- Dozens of mature palm and tropical-flowering trees