Applicants must meet the following requisites in order to qualify for the International Management Training Program at The Breakers:
- Completed Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management
- Available for 18 months
- One year of hospitality related work experience outside the United States
Upon being selected for The Breakers International Management Training Program, The Breakers will provide assistance in obtaining a work visa for the United States as well as a two week complimentary stay at the property upon arrival. During this time the Recruitment & Employment Coordinator will assist all trainees in securing housing, applying for a social security cards, opening a bank account and obtaining a Florida driver's license.
Search and apply under the "International Associate" position job title
The International Management Training Program at The Breakers brings to the United States qualified foreign trainees for a period of 18 months. The International Associate will be part of one of several tracks: Hospitality Operations Management, Food & Beverage Services Management, and Culinary Arts Management. The participant will attend meaningful meetings, discussions, and like experiences in order to observe leadership styles, communication styles, decision-making processes, problem solving processes and strategic / critical thinking aspects of management/leadership.
Being an Exchange Visitor Sponsor, The Breakers is authorized to issue the DS-2019 forms in order for the International Associates to obtain the J-1 visa from US consulates.
Arriving to The Breakers
Upon arrival at the hotel the individual will enjoy a complimentary room for the first two weeks of stay. During this time the Recruitment & Employment Coordinator will assist the individual into settling to the West Palm Beach area.
- Medical plan Options - Aetna
- Full time employees are eligible on the first of the month following the 90-day waiting period.
- All International Associates are eligible to enroll in the Medical plan immediately. Under the Pre-Tax Premium plan, International Associates are given the opportunity to reduce their taxable income by electing to pay their benefit premiums with pre-tax dollars.
- Upon arrival and sign up for health coverage, the plans will be discussed and explained by a specialist in the field. The average weekly payment for a medical healthcare plan is about $20.00.
- Dental coverage is available the 1st of the month after completing 90 days of employment.