Paul N. Leone
Chief Executive Officer
The Breakers Palm Beach and Flagler System, Inc.
While charting a career that has progressed from Certified Public Accountant to a world-class hotelier, Paul N. Leone has his eye on more than the bottom line. At The Breakers Palm Beach, Leone has restored a strong sense of pride and teamwork in the 120-year old company's 2,000 associates. Since he was appointed President in October 1994, his efforts have led to dramatic improvements in team members satisfaction, customer service and profitability at the 538-room, historic Italian Renaissance property. Leone has also successfully integrated corporate social responsibility into a deeply embedded value system of The Breakers’ organization, by focusing on the quality of life of his employees, community engagement and service to those in need, and respect for environmental preservation and sustainability.
The sentiment that his employees are The Breakers greatest asset is at the very core of Leone’s values. An excellent communicator, approachable leader and highly disciplined, Leone is dedicated to the highest standards of conduct and performance. A strong advocate of total quality management, and consistently delivering a superior, ever-improving product to his customers, Leone believes in hiring energetic, service-oriented, talented people, and nourishing them with responsibility and gratitude.
Born and raised in New York, Leone was exposed to the hospitality industry at an early age, having been raised in a family that owned and operated five local motels and two restaurants. He went on to study accounting in college to follow in his uncle’s footsteps and became a Certified Public Accountant. After graduating from the University of Kentucky, Leone joined Coopers & Lybrand in Louisville, Kentucky. He later relocated to Coopers & Lybrand in West Palm Beach where he worked with various hospitality accounts, including The Breakers.
Leone joined The Breakers in 1985 as Controller and was later promoted to Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. In 1992, he was promoted to President of Flagler System Management and two years later became President of The Breakers Palm Beach and Flagler System, Inc. In January 2016, Leone was appointed CEO of Flagler System, Inc. and The Breakers Palm Beach, Inc. respectively. He is married and is the father of four sons.
His impactful leadership role at The Breakers and in the community at large, has been recognized with the following awards and distinctions:
- World Leaders Group: Servant Leadership Award (2014) – first recipient of this accolade
- HOTELS Magazine: Independent Hotelier of the World (2013)
- South Florida Business Journal: 100 Power Leaders (2013)
- Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce: Business Leader of the Year Award (April 2009)
- South Florida Business Journal: Palm Beach CEO of the Year Award (April 2009)
- Northwood University: Outstanding Business Leader of the Year (2006)
- The United Way: Alexis de Tocqueville Award (2003)
- The United Way: Business Leadership Award (2002)
- Town of Palm Beach: Proclamation of "Paul Leone" Day (April 15, 2002)
- Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce: One & Only Award (2001)
- Palm Beach Daily News: Business Leader Award (1996)
Leone is also involved in the following civic and charitable organizations:
- Vice Chairman, Alexis D’ Tocqeville, Palm Beach Community Chest of United Way
- (Past Chairman, 2000 - 2002)
- Honorary Trustee, Palm Beach Day Academy (Past President, 2006 - 2011)
- Board of Directors, Startup Palm Beach
- Board of Directors, Palm Beach Civic Association (2011 – present)
- Board of Directors, Kravis Center for the Performing Arts (2013 – present)
- Board of Directors, Florida Council of 100 (2007 – 2009; 2013 – present)
- Member, Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce (Past President, 2004 - 2006)
- Member, Economic Council of Palm Beach County
- Member, American Hotel & Lodging Association Resort Committee
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Gregory Leadership Council, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Member, Kravis Center for the Performing Arts Audit Committee
- Trustee, Raymond J. Kunkel Foundation