PALM BEACH, FL – The Breakers Palm Beach continues to raise an unprecedented bar with its comprehensive B SAFE - Health & Safety Initiative, by keeping the majority of its guidelines in place indefinitely. This independent, family-owned resort, founded in 1896, successfully implemented extensive preventative measures throughout its 140-acre property, which will remain for the foreseeable future.
Operational practices such as touchless transactions, elevated cleaning standards, re-imagined food service and hybrid meetings/events ensure healthy environments for employees, guests, club members and the community.
In the interim, self-imposed reduced capacities are in place to prevent crowds, delivering a comfortable and spacious experience for guests. Currently, The Breakers is selling up to 400 of its total 538 guest rooms and suites. In addition, as the organization continues to evolve, it advances its knowledge and enacts safeguards as part of the B SAFE platform.
“Health and wellness are essential to the hospitality experience,” said Tricia Taylor, executive vice president & general manager of The Breakers. “Since integrating B SAFE into our operations, service delivery and culture, our guests and staff have shared that these enhanced practices give them peace of mind and reassurance. Earning the trust and confidence of our team, guests and community is at the heart of our mission, and their well-being remains our top priority.”
In the fall of 2020, The Breakers achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s (GBAC) Star™ Accreditation in recognition of its dedication to health and safety. This esteemed designation endorses the resort’s thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures, infection prevention program, property staff training, and pandemic preparedness and response. The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association also awarded the resort with its FRLA Seal of Commitment.
Highlights of B SAFE:
- Mandatory mask requirements for unvaccinated individuals - within any indoor public area, including the hotel lobby, spa, restaurants, retail stores and more
- Hand-sanitizing stations - available throughout all public and employee spaces
- Touch-less guest transactions - include pre-registered check-in, contactless payment, guest requests and in-room dining orders
- Advance cleaning measures - such as electrostatic spray technology, EPA-approved cleaning solutions and antimicrobial compounds
- Ionization and UV-light technology - disinfects and enhances air quality throughout the resort’s HVAC systems; the hotel’s Tesla house cars also feature individual air filtration systems
- Digital menus - accessible on personal mobile devices for all restaurants and in-room dining
- Chef-attended buffet food stations and individually portioned plates - covered or packaged for self-selection
- On-site health & safety staff specialists - The Breakers is one of only a few hotels in America to employ its own: Food Safety Manager - the current individual in this role is a former Food Safety Inspector for the state of Florida; Risk & Compliance Manager - certified in contact tracing through Johns Hopkins University
Employee Resources for physical, mental and financial wellness:
- Employee health screenings - conducted daily
- On-site Team Member Mini Clinic - provides vitals checks and flu, strep & COVID-19 testing
- Personal Protective Equipment - required for all team members based on responsibilities
- Exclusive access to a variety of resources – examples include the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which provides free confidential counseling and concierge services; SageView Financial Advisor, assists with money management, saving for retirement, and boosting credit knowledge; and Rally Health, an interactive, incentive-based mobile portal that allows team members to complete a health assessment, engage in company-wide wellness programs and more
Meetings & Events:
- Virtual tour and planning process
- Customized floor plans and seating capacities
- Hybrid meeting option - facilitates live, broadcasted sessions to remote participants
- Complimentary temperature screenings - available for attendees
- Abundant fresh-air, outdoor spaces for meetings, events and activities
- Redesigned banquet menus and food/beverage service - includes individually packaged, fresh food options, an expanded menu of plated selections, as well as one-plate meals consisting of appetizer, entrée and dessert
- Collaboration with the 2020 Global Wellness Summit - a ground-breaking initiative that re-imagined safe gatherings; this three-day forum, held at The Breakers, was a “hybrid” (in-person/virtual) meeting that not only exceeded CDC guidelines in tandem with the resort’s health & safety precautions, but it showcased new technology to protect and prevent transmission of COVID-19
Photo credit may be attributed to The Breakers Palm Beach, unless otherwise specified in photo caption.