On path of continuous enhancement, iconic resort elevates and energizes the guest fitness experience
PALM BEACH, FL – In November 2014, The Breakers Palm Beach, one of America’s legendary resorts, unveiled Ocean Fitness — a spectacular 6,000-square-foot, indoor/outdoor oceanfront center designed as one of the finest and most complete, hotel fitness experiences of its kind.
Situated atop the resort’s Mediterranean-style Beach Club complex, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, this new resort amenity elevates the genre of hotel fitness with an extraordinary range of features in a peerless setting. Exclusively available to hotel guests and members, Ocean Fitness was designed to satisfy all fitness levels and interests: from avid workout enthusiasts who follows a strict routine, to novice exercisers looking to start a new regimen, and those in between who simply want to stay fit or have fun with their fitness.
The flagship of the resort’s fitness collection, Ocean Fitness entices guests with its brilliant layout and utilization of space, encompassing 6,000 square feet including a 4,300-square-foot air-conditioned interior; a 1,700-square-foot oceanfront terrace for outdoor workouts (including cycling and yoga classes), and 10-foot-tall windows showcasing magnificent ocean vistas. This modern facility features a network of advanced fitness solutions and equipment, an array of classes, and the expertise of professional fitness instructors, personal trainers and a wellness coach to deliver a highly customized and energizing fitness experience.
Ocean Fitness highlights include:
- The most advanced equipment available on the market:
- Functional workout and training systems that tailor workouts to the broad needs and goals of exercisers, such as Life Fitness’ Synrgy360™, Technogym’s Kinesis® One and Technogym’s Artis Collection
- Varying levels of cardio equipment — high-tech treadmills, indoor cycling equipment, arc trainers, upright and recumbent bikes, lateral ellipticals and water rowers
- Multi-faceted strength training equipment such as Technogym’s Press, High Pull and Leg Press; Star Trac’s Max Rack®; and a mix of dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine and balance balls, and resistance bands
- Weekly rotation of classes that incorporate core strength and conditioning programs based on integrated physical exercise philosophy. Workouts combine elements from high-intensity interval training, weightlifting, plyometrics (aka jump training), powerlifting, gymnastics, calisthenics, kettlebells, and other exercises
- Classes and personalized training led by skilled and caring team members. The staff of professional fitness instructors, personal trainers and a wellness coach are attune to the guest’s individual needs and objectives, as well as the nuances of personal fitness on physical, mental and emotional levels.
This $3.5 million, meticulously planned facility, funded by The Breakers’ annual $30 million investment in capital improvements, reflects its owners’ longstanding financial commitment to the continuous enhancement of the property.
“We’ve long recognized the importance of fitness as an essential component of a healthy lifestyle,” said Tricia Taylor, senior vice president & general manager of The Breakers. “Likewise, a growing number of travelers are making fitness a priority, and our guests have made it a way of life and therefore a vital element of the luxury resort lifestyle. Guests find the Ocean Fitness experience to be an engaging pursuit that they won’t want to miss, and a welcome addition to the diverse recreational mix that The Breakers offers — from numerous waters ports to golf, tennis, bike riding and much more. From the moment a guest enters Ocean Fitness they find themselves in a visually inspiring environment and quickly discover its true allure — a hotel fitness destination that is incredibly impressive, but not intimidating.”
Ocean Fitness is fully-staffed and open 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. as a complimentary amenity to hotel guests 16 years and older. Teens 13 and older may participate in fitness classes, while family fitness classes are open to guests with children 12 and under.