In general, drone use over The Breakers private property is prohibited to protect the safety and privacy of our team, guests and neighbors.
The Breakers may permit the use of drones by vendors on a case by case basis if warranted and they complete a Drone Flight Request Form at least 30 days in advance of requested flight and comply with all requirements below.
I. Federal Aviation Administration Requirements
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) controls the requirements for small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), which covers commercial and government uses for drones weighing less than 55 pounds. As long as a drone weighs less than 55 pounds, it can be used for work or business by following 14 CFR Part 107.
Additionally, given the proximity of The Breakers to Palm Beach International Airport, and the current residence of former President Donald J. Trump, airspace restrictions can be more restrictive and frequently changing. Airspace restrictions can always be checked by using the FAA safety application, B4UFLY Mobile App.
II. Requirements by The Breakers
- Comply with all requirements provided by The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Comply with all requirements provided by the State of Florida and the Town of Palm Beach Ordinance 31-2017.
- Submit a Drone Flight Request Form (and provide a current Certificate of Insurance, valid On-Site Working Conditions) and at least 30 days in advance of requested flight and comply with approved locations and times
- Drones may operate between sunrise and sunset
- The only permitted location is the Main Drive and subject to advance approval
- Requests to film contracted outdoor space may be approved at the discretion of The Breakers