PALM BEACH, FL – As a coveted destination for personal renewal, the indoor-outdoor Spa at The Breakers nurtures guests with heightened comfort and care, embracing them with a relaxed, modern style that evokes the resort’s casual, seaside sophistication and Italian influence.
Its stunning, contemporary design and décor features modern clean lines, artisan elements and a soothing canvas of elegant shades of white, a setting that celebrates The Breakers’ Italian Renaissance-design roots, history and alluring oceanfront in a very fresh, modern way. “The Spa connects the past to the future honoring traditions that are already deeply held, and welcoming those yet to be established,” said the facility’s internationally renowned designer Sylvia Sepielli, (the Spa Village Bath at Gainsborough Bath Spa – UK, and the Dolder Spa in Zurich).” She envisioned the concept, “held in our hands,” as the essence of The Spa’s commitment to nurturing and healing, and seized on the four elements of ocean, touch, botanicals and tradition as her inspirations for this thoughtfully developed project.
During treatments and throughout the facility, guests are pampered by an expertly-trained, intuitive staff who extend warm, genuine service. The Spa experience engages all the senses, with touch given special emphasis to soothe, energize or provide relief. “Our highly-skilled team ensures that each guest feels restored and personally renewed, and that the benefits resonate long after departure,” said Tricia Taylor, senior vice president & general manager of The Breakers. “We are dedicated to helping guests maximize the rewards of self-investment during their time with us, because we know their need to nurture themselves is a necessity, not a matter of indulgence.”
The curated menu of spa services focuses on efficacy and quality. Treatments feature the finest skin and body care, primarily organic and natural:
- Tammy Fender — Palm Beach-based line of custom-blended 100% natural formulations and holistic skin care for face and body
- OSEA — powerful marine-based formulations with pure essential oils
- GUERLAIN — innovative skincare that unites cutting-edge innovation with nature’s natural wonders
An array of distinctive spa amenities includes:
- A therapeutic heated sand-quartz bed for massages
- A Spa Suite with steam shower, chromatherapy tub and private garden terrace
- A private co-ed outdoor courtyard with soothing water feature; a contemporary interpretation of the classic Medici concept – a secluded area for relaxing and congregating
- Three dedicated lounges artfully designed for women, men and co-ed use
- Premium spa retail that features authentic Italian, local and hand-crafted products
- Salon area for nail and hair services
For the Spa’s transformation in 2015, Sepielli worked in tandem with Peacock + Lewis Architects and award-wining landscape architect Gregory Lombardi Design. The project was funded by The Breakers’ annual capital improvements budget, which allocates an investment of more than $30 million each year. This unrivaled, long-term financial commitment ensures that this independent resort stays on a path of continuous enhancement and evolves to meet its guests’ ever-growing expectations.