Spa’s contemporary design, curated menu and amenities embrace guests in spirit of self-investment
PALM BEACH, FL – After a dramatic $8 million renovation late 2015, The Spa at The Breakers re-emerged, completely transformed as the resort’s coveted destination for personal renewal. The new indoor/outdoor Spa embraces guests with a relaxed, modern style — calling to mind The Breakers’ casual, seaside sophistication and Italian influence — and nurtures them with heightened comfort and care.
For this project, The Breakers engaged internationally renowned spa designer Sylvia Sepielli (the Spa Village Bath at Gainsborough Bath Spa – UK, and the Dolder Spa in Zurich), who has been working in tandem with Peacock + Lewis Architects and award-wining landscape architect Gregory Lombardi Design. The Spa’s stunning, contemporary design and décor features modern clean lines, artisan elements and a soothing canvas of elegant shades of white. “The Spa connects the past to the future, honoring traditions that are already deeply held, and welcoming those yet to be established.” said Sepielli. “In design and purpose, the experience celebrates The Breakers’ Italian Renaissance-design roots, history and alluring oceanfront in a very fresh, modern way.”
Sepielli envisioned the concept, “held in our hands,” as the essence of the Spa’s commitment to nurturing and healing, and seized on the four elements of ocean, touch, botanicals and tradition as her inspirations for this thoughtfully developed project.
During treatments and throughout the facility, guests are in the capable hands of an expertly-trained, intuitive staff who extend warm, genuine service. The Spa experience engages all the senses, with touch given special emphasis to soothe, energize or provide relief. “Our highly-skilled team ensures that each guest feels restored and personally renewed, and that the benefits resonate long after departure,” said Tricia Taylor, senior vice president and general manager of The Breakers. “We are dedicated to helping guests maximize the rewards of self- investment during their time with us, because we know their need to nurture themselves is a necessity, not a matter of indulgence.”
The carefully curated menu of spa services focuses on efficacy and quality. Treatments feature the finest skin and body care, primarily organic and natural:
- Tammy Fender — Palm Beach-based line of custom-blended 100% botanical formulations and holistic skin care for face and body
- OSEA — powerful marine-based formulations with pure essential oils
- GUERLAIN — innovative skincare that unites cutting-edge innovation with nature’s natural wonders
An array of distinctive spa amenities includes:
- Quartz Bed, a therapeutic heated sand-quartz bed for massages
- Libra Vichy table for wet treatments
- Spa Suite experience with steam shower, chromatherapy tub and private garden terrace
- A private, co-ed Courtyard extends the modern aesthetic of the Spa to the outdoors with white marble, tropical accents of large palms and greenery, and a central, soothing water feature. Enjoining the past with the future, this outdoor living space is a contemporary interpretation of the classic Medici concept of secluded areas for relaxing and congregating.
- Three (3) dedicated lounges artfully designed for women, men and co-ed use, respectively
- Premium spa retail featuring authentic Italian, local and hand-crafted products
- New salon area for nail and hair services
The Spa’s transformation was funded by The Breakers’ annual capital improvements budget, which allocates a minimum investment of $30 million each year. This unrivaled, long-term financial commitment ensures that this independent resort will stay on a path of continuous enhancement and evolve to meet its guests’ ever-growing expectations. “We constantly re-imagine and refresh every facet of our property to reflect the preferences of our discerning customers,” said Taylor. “Our Spa elevates the overall resort experience, making The Breakers the ideal coastal vacation for personal revitalization. In turn, The Spa becomes a ‘must do’ for our guests during their visit.”
“Our hope is that The Spa will become a meaningful ritual for couples, friends, mothers and daughters, or a treasured opportunity for individual renewal,” continued Taylor. “In that way, it epitomizes The Breakers’ respect for blending enduring traditions with new inspirations.”