PALM BEACH, FL – In October 2015, The Breakers Palm Beach unveiled the stunningly transformed Flagler Club as an exclusive, ultra-luxury boutique hotel experience secluded within this iconic resort destination.
Re-imagined as an intimate yet glamorous, 25-room guest house nestled in a magnificent estate, the private-access Flagler Club welcomes guests with gracious, highly attuned service; top-of-the-line amenities, and an inspired design that all seamlessly blend into a sanctuary of hospitality and comfort. Its modern ambiance embodies the relaxed yet sophisticated Palm Beach lifestyle. Flagler Club guests enjoy exclusive use of its stunning Club Lounge and panoramic Terrace — re-designed by internationally renowned Adam D. Tihany acting as design consultant to Peacock + Lewis Architects. These exclusive venues invite Club guests to savor inspirations day through evening, to relax or socialize as they wish.
The Club’s team of seasoned professionals serve as proprietors of the Flagler Club luxury lifestyle experience. By attending to each guest’s personal preferences and needs with genuine care (from pre-arrival to departure), they create a peerless, customized getaway that delivers an indulgent, yet authentic sense of home.
This boutique hotel-within-a-hotel emerged from a $5 million renovation as a game-changing concept, in stark contrast with traditional hotel club-level experiences. Funded by The Breakers’ annual capital improvements budget, which allocates a minimum investment of $30 million each year, the new Flagler Club reflects its owners’ longstanding financial commitment to the property’s continuous enhancement. It also honors the spirit and legacy of resort founder Henry Morrison Flagler, to create a timeless, sought-after destination with a contemporary point of view for the world’s luxury seekers.
Flagler Club Highlights:
- Pre-arrival: advance itinerary planning assistance is provided upon booking to customize each aspect of a guest’s stay, including recreational activities such as watersports, golf and tennis, dining reservations, transportation, and any other special requests
- Chauffeured transportation upon arrival and departure from Palm Beach International Airport
- House car service in the Club’s Tesla
- Elevators lead to private-access floors (the top two floors of the resort; sixth and seventh floor)
- Private Club Lounge and Terrace, exclusive indoor/outdoor venues designed by Adam D. Tihany, where guests can relax and socialize
- Four distinctive food & beverage offerings — elevated breakfast, light bites, pre-dinner appetizers and delicious sweets; array of non-alcoholic and healthy libations; and the Club’s bar featuring premium top-shelf spirits, craft beers and a curated list of wine and Champagne by our Master Sommeliers; essentially…something wonderful to eat and drink around the clock.
- Social hour as the coveted opportunity for Club guests to gather for cocktails
- Outdoor terrace with breathtaking views of the surrounding area, city and sunset
- Accommodations (25), including 21 guestrooms and four suites
- Stylishly designed aesthetic of contemporary, Palm Beach glamour; featuring a luxurious color palette of crisp off-white base with accents of blues, beiges and browns
- Best-in-class, PranaSleep adjustable bedding
- Frette bed linens and robes
- Spa-like marble bathrooms with rainforest-style shower heads
- 55-inch Samsung HD Smart Curved television
- Jo Malone™ bath amenities
- Stocked complimentary mini-fridge
- Complimentary valet pressing service
- Dedicated staff — Flagler Club has (19) team members exclusively for this 25-room hotel
“We wanted to create a new premium at The Breakers for guests who wish to invest in a truly intimate and extraordinary VIP experience,” said Tricia Taylor, senior vice president & general manager of The Breakers Palm Beach. “Inspired by our guest’s evolving expectations, Flagler Club was conceived as a modern enclave of private access — a service-intensive boutique hotel with numerous, best-in-class amenities. We take great pride in our Club’s role as the consummate host and our goal is to provide every guest with a truly unique and memorable experience.”
Tihany’s Design Brief – Flagler Club Lounge and Terrace
Tihany designed the private, Flagler Club lounge with a warm, residential feel to exude the style of casual elegance for which The Breakers is known. Throughout this space, the luxury is in the attention to detail, and the consideration of the needs and wants of the guests. The expanded seating area comes to life with the modernized color palette and custom furnishings. The space features a sophisticated buffet area to showcase the impressive selection of food and beverage options available throughout the day, and a custom bar cabinet transforms with the Club’s social hour, opening for pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers. A bespoke metal screen separates the lounge from the corridor that leads to Flagler Club accommodations; the corridor also redesigned with custom carpeting, lighting and specially selected art pieces lining its walls. The outdoor terrace is equally welcoming, featuring comfortable, custom furniture and a fresh and colorful atmosphere.
For Flagler Club reservations or information, call 1-888-974-0139, visit www.thebreakers.com, or contact your travel professional.