Recognized as one of America’s most iconic resorts, The Breakers is an Italian Renaissance-style hotel situated on 140 acres of oceanfront property on the island of Palm Beach, Florida. Founded in 1896 by magnate Henry M. Flagler, and still in the hands of his heirs today, this legendary destination continues to thrive independent of chain affiliation.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and recognized as a AAA Five Diamond property, The Breakers has also earned numerous accolades for its social impact on the environment, community and team member well-being.
Inspired by the magnificent Italian villas of the 1400s (specifically the Villa Medici in Rome), The Breakers Mediterranean-style architecture features an eight-story palace by the sea with sun-filled North and South Loggias, iconic Twin Belvedere Towers and graceful arches throughout. The lushly landscaped 1,040-foot, palm-lined main drive leads to the resort’s Florentine Fountain, modeled after the Boboli Gardens in Florence. The hotel’s breathtaking lobby is influenced by the Great Hall of the Palazzo Carrega in Genoa (circa 1560).
The Breakers is six miles from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), 42 miles from Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 72 miles from Miami International Airport (MIA). Both Interstate 95 and the Florida Turnpike provide easy access to South County Road, which leads directly to the resort’s main entrance.
With close proximity to the Gulfstream, Palm Beach enjoys a sub-tropical climate noted for year-round breezes and moderate temperatures ranging from 75-85 degrees.
Flagler System, Inc. (FSI) is the privately held parent company and original family ownership of The Breakers Palm Beach, Breakers West Country Club and One North Breakers Row. Each year, an investment averaging $25 million in capital improvements and ongoing revitalization, carefully balances preservation & modernization.
Paul N. Leone leads a dedicated and diverse team of over 1,900 employees.
One North Breakers Row is a private enclave of 80 luxurious, oceanfront apartments available for residential lease.
Guest rooms total 538, which include 68 suites (two Imperial Suites and four Royal Poinciana Suites). Each room offers captivating views of the Atlantic or resort grounds, décor inspired by Palm Beach’s luxury lifestyle and complimentary WiFi. Guestroom child proofing and parental equipment is available upon request.
An intimate, exceptionally customized experience, The Breakers’ elegant Flagler Club is an exclusive, 25-room boutique hotel nestled atop the resort – showcases private access, beautifully appointed accommodations; personalized service from pre-arrival to departure; and top-of-the-line amenities inclusive of a Club Lounge and panoramic rooftop Terrace.
Committed to guest satisfaction, the resort’s highly attentive team fulfills a range of guest services, such as concierge, laundry, valet parking, house car and complimentary shuttle service to off-site restaurants and retail boutiques.
Ten restaurants range from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated, while a world-class private beach club hosts four pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 poolside bungalows and a variety of on-site watersports. In addition, there are two championship golf courses, 10 Har-Tru tennis courts, a Forbes Five-Star spa, an indoor-outdoor oceanfront fitness center, 14 signature boutiques and a Family Entertainment Center. There is also never a resort fee.
Flagler Steakhouse: Located on the second floor of The Breakers’ Golf and Tennis Clubhouse, this fresh take on the classic American chophouse serves a diverse menu of outstanding steaks, fish, classic broiler items and more. The restaurant’s climate controlled outdoor terrace provides al fresco dining with panoramic views of Ocean Course.
HMF: Named after resort founder, Henry Morrison Flagler, this chic social club is a modern ode to the classic Palm Beach cocktail culture of the 50s and 60s. The menu flaunts eclectic, globally-influenced shared plates, handcrafted cocktails and an award-winning wine list.
Seafood Bar: Creating the sense of dining aboard a luxury, private yacht, this oceanfront restaurant is a dining favorite among guests and Palm Beach residents. The menu boasts the freshest seafood, inspiring cocktails and Master Sommelier-selected wines.
The Circle: An architectural gem with arched windows that offer glimpses of the Atlantic and a soaring 30-foot, hand-painted ceiling, The Circle welcomes guests daily for breakfast. Each morning, an elaborate, artfully crafted buffet and à la carte menu are served. The restaurant’s spectacular Sunday Brunch is a Palm Beach tradition not to be missed.
The Italian Restaurant: This casual, yet contemporary, restaurant is adjacent to the Family Entertainment Center, making it a favorite for guests of all ages. Classic comfort dishes and lighter menu selections highlight the flavors of Italy. Outdoor patio seating is available.
Restaurants located off property
Echo: Situated only a few minutes from the resort, this stylish, highly popular restaurant spotlights the distinct cuisines of Asia, specifically the aromatic and flavorful specialties of China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea.
Henry’s Palm Beach: As the newest addition to The Breakers’ dining collection, this inviting, American-inspired bistro showcases elevated comfort food with character. It is located at Via Flagler by The Breakers on Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach’s original Main Street (minutes from the hotel).
Available exclusively for hotel guests and club members
In-Room Dining: A complete menu of breakfast, lunch, dinner and light snacks is available to enjoy in the privacy of guestrooms.
Ocean House: Located at the south end of The Beach Club with gorgeous pool and ocean views, this beach house restaurant with covered wrap-around porch, welcomes guests with laid-back luxury. An inspired daytime menu of light bites, colorful salads, sandwiches, seafood and refreshing cocktails can be enjoyed among swaying palms and sea breezes.
The Beach Club Restaurant: A stylishly relaxed setting, guests can enjoy informal al fresco dining and drinks while overlooking the ocean. An extensive à la carte and buffet breakfast is served, followed by lighter lunch fare, such as seasonal soups, salads and sandwiches.
The Surf Break: Steps from the shore, this open-air oasis envelops guests with tranquil breezes and ocean views, where guests can relax with a refreshing cocktail or light bite.
Recreation & Activities:
Beach Club: Exclusively available for hotel guests and club members, the resort’s private Beach Club treats visitors to magnificent vistas of the ocean, as well as:
- Four Pools & Five Whirlpool Spas: Includes an adult-only pool and zero-entry pool - ideal for families.
- 25 Poolside Bungalows: Available for daytime rental, these premium poolside cabanas are the perfect oasis for couples, families and friends. Each vibrant, island-chic retreat has a private, full bathroom with shower, an individual climate control system, a dedicated concierge and much more.
- Watersports: Snorkel or scuba dive along the reef located just a few fin kicks from shore, or splash the day away with a variety of activities, such as banana boat rides, kayaking, paddleboarding, boogie boarding, private charters and more.
Family Entertainment Center: Activities, entertainment and games for guests of all ages can be found at this, 6,100-square-foot, multi-faceted complex:
- Arcade: Explore more than 20 classic and contemporary games, from Skee-Ball, Super Shot Basketball and air hockey to a video game lounge with Xbox® and PlayStation® 4.
- Family Programs: Specially designed weekly activities are available for guests of all ages and varying interests, from poolside spin art, campfire films and bike rentals to guided tours and catamaran cruises.
- Outdoor Playground: The 4,500-square-foot, environmentally responsible playground is designed to promote physical fitness in an engaging, park-like atmosphere. Slides, tunnels, bridges and other playground favorites encourage movement, while sunshades and outdoor lighting allow for family fun day or night.
- Sports Court: The outdoor basketball court is perfect for individual or group play.
Golf: Two 18-hole championship courses deliver variety and playability for all levels.
- Ocean Course: Discover acre upon acre of lush greens at one of Florida’s oldest golf courses. Most recently redesigned by renowned golf course architect Rees Jones, Ocean Course offers contemporary playability, inspiring players of all levels, while honoring its heritage and seaside location.
- The Breakers Rees Jones® Course: Located 10 miles from the resort and set against the backdrop of the picturesque Breakers West residential community, The Breakers Rees Jones® Course is lushly landscaped and challenging, reflecting the signature style for which this eminent architect is known.
- John Webster Golf Academy: Nationally recognized golf professionals provide instruction in private lesson and golf school formats, ideal for players of all skill levels. Children’s clinics and custom club fittings are available.
Ocean Fitness: This spectacular, 6,000 square foot, indoor-outdoor fitness center is located above the resort’s Beach Club complex. An array of resources help individuals reach their personal fitness goals in an inspiring ocean view setting. A network of customized fitness solutions include state-of-the-art equipment, expert personal training and complimentary fitness classes. A half mile away, guests may bike, jog or take a leisurely stroll outdoors along the Intracoastal Waterway on Palm Beach’s Lake Trail.
Tennis: The resort serves up 10 beautifully groomed Har-Tru courts, a comprehensive Pro Shop with the latest fashions and equipment, as well as clinics and private lessons with USPTA/USPTR-certified professional instructors. Lighted courts available for evening play.
The Shops at The Breakers:
- Absolutely Suitable® – designer swimwear and accessories
- Coconut Crew® – children’s clothing, collectables and toys
- Guerlain – fragrance, skincare and cosmetics direct from Paris
- Lilly Pulitzer® at The Breakers – an authentic Palm Beach lifestyle brand
- Mary Lily’s® – sweet treats, ice cream, frozen custard and gelato
- Match at The Breakers® – the ultimate shoe salon for resort footwear
- Mix at The Breakers® – fine and fashion jewelry and accessories
- News & Gourmet® – artisan coffee, distinctive gifts, books and more
- Polo Ralph Lauren – timeless, contemporary apparel from a classic American designer
- Signature Shop – private label collections of logo’ed clothing and accessories
- The Beach Shop – sun products, beach toys, hats and more
- The Sports Pro Shop – sports apparel and equipment boutique
Off-site boutiques located at Via Flagler by The Breakers:
- Main Street by The Breakers® – classic café with donuts, gifts, home décor and more
- SHAN – high-end resort wear and swimwear
The Spa: The indoor-outdoor spa embraces guests with a contemporary, Italian-inspired design and a fresh, soothing atmosphere that engages all the senses. Amenities include 17 treatment rooms; a private courtyard; lounges for men, women and co-ed use; and a salon area for hair and nail services. A carefully curated menu of treatments, delivered by expertly trained professionals, feature the finest, handcrafted skin and body care products.
Meetings & Events:
Conference Services: Over 80,000 square feet of versatile meeting space presents countless settings throughout beautifully appointed indoor and outdoor venues. From magnificent ballrooms and boardrooms to attractively landscaped lawns, courtyards, and gardens, each location has distinct character, style and flexibility for functions of 20 - 1,000 attendees. The team provides highly personalized service, comprehensive in-house support, audiovisual production and all-inclusive destination management.
Weddings & Social Events: This renowned destination for celebrations indulges its clientele with unparalleled seaside glamour, world-class amenities and gracious service in an ambiance of relaxed elegance. Dazzling interiors and artfully designed landscapes offer flexible, beautifully appointed venues: majestic ballrooms, an oceanfront lawn overlooking the Atlantic and picturesque courtyards with lush tropical foliage. In addition, Breakers West Country Club, a scenic, residential and recreational sanctuary, is located 10 miles away.
An experienced team of event specialists goes above & beyond, tailoring each detail to make every occasion exceedingly fabulous and fun. In-house experts are comprised of award-winning chefs and Master Sommeliers, who produce custom-created menus, specially curated wine lists and innovative cocktail presentations. The resort’s retail division is able to source unique gifts and amenities. The entire staff flawlessly executes every experience.